Thursday 12 February 2015

Thoughtful Thursday.

source

Things don't and won't always turn out as you expect or want them to. It's going to happen to everyone at some point and it's just the way life goes.
I have certainly had my fair share of disappointments, be those through my own bad judgements and decisions or from something which I thought was a great idea at the time but it turned out just not to be. 
I'll be the first person to stand up and say yes, I've been in awful relationships, I've made huge mistakes with regard to my post-16 education, and now on a degree course in something I thought I loved, although happy, I'm not as happy as I thought I was going to be, and have started wondering if my life is heading in a direction which is not going to be fulfilling and bring me happiness. 
As I sat in the university coffee bar this morning wondering what to blog about, my mum sent me a text, which prompted me to write this post - she is full of wisdom. 
Taking it out of the context of my own life, the message would read as follows: 

               Get some advice and do whatever it takes to find happiness. If it's a
               temporary blip, then ride the storm. But if not... then open some new 
               doors. Remember though, opportunities will not come to you, you have
               to go after them. It's note easy, but you have youth and ambition. You 
               just need more courage. 

Aside from making me shed a quiet tear into my caramel macchiato, hearing this made a huge difference to my mental approach to the situation. I managed to see how my problems looked within the bigger picture. What may have seemed like a huge waste of time, be it through an end-of-the-road relationship, or like me, years spent re-taking exams that you probably could have passed the first time if you'd have only got your butt into gear, is really only a tiny, tiny part of your life.

We all just need to have the courage to take steps toward making change.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment