Saturday 3 January 2015

A Fond Farewell to 2014

source

I'm sat at my laptop this afternoon, finishing off the last of the Christmas-period pastries that have been plaguing our fridge for the past week, and have been casting my thoughts back over the last year.
As with any year of my life thus far that I can ably recall, I've loved, lost, had some truly high moments and then the inevitable low moments, too. But 2014 really has been a special year.
I finally made it out of sixth-form with grades to be proud of, I gained a university place, I was able to cross a role off from my 'theatrical bucket list' by playing Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors earlier this year, and as cliché as it sounds, have made some wonderful friends through all of this.


But with any New Year, there always comes the resolutions - the often small changes that you'd like to make to your life having learned from the past three-hundred and sixty-five days. I thought here would be as good as any a place to share, with you, some of mine.

  • Say YES more. Grasp with both hands every opportunity that this year sends my way. You never know how many doors may be opened by one simple, 'yes'.
  • Stop biting my nails when I get stressed. Seriously Fran, it's a catch 22, you get stressed so bite your nails, then end up feeling even worse because you're now stressed and have not-so-fancy fingers!
  • Blog more. In 2014, my posts have been very few and far between. Life gets busy and there always seems to be 'more important' things to do. However, when I actually do sit down to write, I love it. So, in a way, this resolution could be fall under the umbrella of 'do more of what you love'.
Whatever your own experiences of the last year may have been, I wish you all a wonderful 2015, and, as long as I stick to resolution number three, I shall be posting again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment